The Trade Adjustment Assistance for Firms (TAAF) program includes three phases: 1) Certification as trade-injured; 2) Customized Recovery Plan; 3) Project Implementation.
We must show a decline in business volume. We must show an impact on labor. We must show imports figured materially in these two events.
After your firm is certified as trade-injured, a Project Manager will work with your team to define the scope of work, technical assistance needs and recovery strategy. A Recovery Plan, unique to your firm, is prepared in collaboration with management and stipulates the amount of technical assistance to be awarded.
- Analysis of both domestic and global market trends
- Analysis of the firm’s financial performance
- Analysis of the firm’s key business processes
- Documentation of the firm’s recovery strategy
- A broad outline of the knowledge-based projects to be implemented
- Continuous Improvement in: cost mastery -> sales mastery -> market diversification (NPD)
- ISO 9000/14000/QS9000/CE Mark/Lean/TQM/JIT
- Business planning
- NPD – market differentiation
- Product and process engineering and design
- Marketing & sales research and upgrades
- MIS development
- Managerial finance & costing systems
- Software/hardware evaluation, custom programming
- Management/supervisory/employee development
- E-commerce, exporting and new market penetration
- Core strategic re-direction